The Virtual Hospital
Headquartered in Wichita, KS - FreeState Connect is our answer to the growing shortage of physicians in rural America and beyond. FreeState Connect started as Vigilias Telehealth, a multi-specialty group of doctors that used modern communication technology to bring advanced medical services to rural areas at low cost, but with high quality. Over time we have expanded to other areas of healthcare where doctors aren’t easily available. Put most simply, FreeState Connect allows any place with an internet connection to access the cognitive resources of a major medical center.
Our physicians have many decades of collective experience. Get in touch with us to set up a meeting, or use the contact form at the bottom of this page to learn how our services can deliver exceptional value for your clients and patients. See the video below for a quick sample of our technology and group philosophy.
Rural Transfer Service (RTS)
Need to transfer a patient to Wichita? Call anytime, day or night. You make one call, we handle the rest. After transfer we keep local providers updated on their patient's progress, and send patients back to their home communities for swing bed care whenever possible. We are readily available for consults or questions after discharge as well. We are your partners from pre-transfer assessment to safe discharge home and beyond.
(800) 924-8140, ext. 5
4704 E. Oakland St.
Wichita, KS 67218
How it works
Rural communities, nursing or long-term care facilities, employers in need of on-site clinics, and anyone else that could use better access to medical care paid for through traditional insurance arrangements sign up with FreeState Connect for a small monthly payment to support the needed technology. FreeState Connect then sends out telemedicine equipment and trains staff at the site. Once the relevant licensure/credentialing paperwork is completed, service begins. FreeState Connect doctors can see adults and children, and offer outpatient, inpatient, and Emergency Department care if needed. Currently we offer over 20 specialties, and are always working on expanding that list.
Sample use caseS
Critical Access/Frontier Hospital
- Relief of local primary care providers via overnight, weekend, or holiday coverage of patient calls and hospital coverage.
- Establish new subspecialty clinics to increase local service lines and boost revenue.
- Low-cost backup coverage of the Emergency Department to help retain patients that might otherwise require transfer to a larger facility.
- Stop spending hundreds of thousands of dollars a year on locum tenens coverage.
Larger Rural Hospital
- Hospitalist coverage that costs much less than traditional locum tenens.
- Add specialty services you may have difficulty recruiting to your area.
Skilled Nursing/Long-Term Care Facility
- Overnight and on-call coverage designed to help you decrease unnecessary ER visits and rehospitalizations.
- Establish specialist visits in your facility.
- Decreased need to transport residents for routine follow-up.
Federally Qualified Health Centers
Improve specialist access for your patients at very low cost.
Industry-leading, HIPAA-compliant, FDA-registered telemedicine carts. A picture is worth a thousand words. Schedule a demo today to see how next-generation telehealth can change your delivery of care.
Technical Specifications: Connectivity: WIFI, cellular down to 3G, and satellite. If you have the internet, you have a doctor. We have provided services as far as China, Europe, and rural Africa.
Monthly, all-inclusive technology fee: $350
For facilities located in rural areas: There is no other charge aside from our rate for on-call coverage of the ED and/or hospital. In rural areas, we will bill the insurance policy of patients for services rendered whenever possible.
For facilities not in rural areas: A direct payment arrangement of some sort is usually required due to current insurance site-of-service restrictions on telemedicine reimbursement in urban areas. There are a few small exceptions to this rule. Please contact us to discuss further.
- Ark City Hospital, Senior Care Unit
- Ashland Health Center
- Bluestem Communities
- Cheyenne County Hospital
- Community Health Center of Southeast Kansas
- Decatur Health Systems
- Edwards County Hospital
- Ellinwood Hospital and Clinic
- Goodland Regional Medical Center
- Graham County Hospital
- Hamilton County Healthcare
- Harper Hospital District #5
- Hillsboro Community Hospital
- Holton Community Hospital
- Horton Community Hospital
- Jewell County Hospital
- Kiowa District Hospital & Clinic
- Medicalodges - Independence
- Medicine Lodge Memorial Hospital
- Morris County Hospital
- Morton County Hospital
- Nemaha Valley Hospital
- Oswego Community Hospital
- Phillips County Health System
- Rooks County Health Center
- Scott County Hospital
- South Central Kansas Medical Center
- St. Luke Hospital and Living Center
- Stafford County Hospital
- Stanton County Hospital
- Wilson Medical Center
- Benjamin Banneker Charter Academy of Technology
- Friend Community Healthcare Syste
- Regional West Garden County
- Sierra Vista Hospital
- Carthage Area Hospital
- Telehealth America
- To the Moon and Back Foundation
Schedule a demo now
Use the form below to contact us regarding medical and telehealth servcies. Please be as detailed as possible. Include your organization name along with any specific needs. You may also email or call us to discuss details.
For job opportunities, please email us your resume. We’re always looking for new and exceptional talent.